There were a lot of things I knew before I had children. I knew I had lots of patience. I knew I would never yell at my children or say those annoying things my mom said. I knew I was pretty smart, and I knew how to balance my life.
(You know where this is going, right?!!)
And then, I had children. Three of them. In just over three-and-a-half years.
My life became unbalanced. In fact, I was pretty crazy (I still have my moments). I searched desperately to find help and hope in that challenging season of life.
A few years have passed, and though I’m still overwhelmed some days, finding balance is a passion of mine. Sharing with other moms and gleaning ideas and information from them is something I love to do. I’m always looking for a way to simplify, organize, and do things more efficiently while still maintaining my creative, somewhat messy ways!
I also have a passion for bargain shopping! I was raised very frugally (there wasn’t much choice!), and I want to pass on some of those lessons I’ve learned…and others I am still learning!
You won’t find an expert here, but I’m quite happy to share what I’m learning about finding balance and finding bargains. What I have to offer comes from my experiences (like the first financially-difficult years of married life), books I’ve read (hundreds), family and mentors, and moms (and others) just like you!
So, what exactly will you find at Motherhood on a Dime?
- Store Match-Ups: I will be providing full coupon match-ups for Dillons. I will also spotlight good deals/highlights for Walgreens, Target, Wal-Mart, Dollar Store, and Family Dollar (depending how much time I have!!)!
- Links to coupons and free samples: Find new coupons, high-value coupons, printable coupons, and legitimate freebies!
- Frugal tips: Frugality is about much more than coupons. I’ll be seeking out the best tips for a frugal lifestyle.
- Fun, inexpensive projects for kids and educational bargains: As a former teacher, I have lots of ideas and activities — and I like to share them! You can find them over in the Kids section of the blog.
- Homeschool ideas and helps: I’m in the thick of this now with three girls ages 4, 6, and 8!
- Simple recipes, including some Paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free: We have changed our eating habits dramatically over the past six months, so I’ll be adding more and more of those recipes as we go.
- Organic bargains and coupons: I’m babystepping my way to a healthier, more natural life. We aren’t perfect, but we’re trying!
- Internet deals: There are tons of great deals all over the web, but it takes time to find them. I’ll be looking out for the best bargains for you!
- Quick-and-easy-to-read articles about how to get started couponing and living frugally.
And much, much more!
I’d love for you to join me at Motherhood on a Dime!
Sign up to get free email updates and never miss a thing!
Thanks for joining me on this journey!