Day #60 of our 101 Days of Summer Fun for Kids:
- Broken crayons with the paper removed
- Muffin tin
- Cooking spray
1) Remove the paper from the crayons. Break the crayons in small pieces. Such a tedious task, but the girls stuck with it pretty well.
2) Grease the muffin tin.
3) Fill the muffin tin 1/3 to 1/2 full of crayon bits.
4) Set outside in direct sunlight. Check after 30 minutes, one hour, and so on, until the pieces are melted.
5) Allow to cool completely. Remove from the muffin tin!
We filled a few of our tins a little bit high, and it took forever for them to melt completely. I tried covering them with foil and placing them on a baking sheet on the concrete, but I finally decided to put the pan in the car in the sun (on a tray of course…I don’t need melted crayon all over the interior)!
If neither of these work for you, you can also just stick them in the oven for a ten to fifteen minutes at 350 degrees!