- Egg carton
- Permanent marker
- Counters (noodles, beans, buttons, etc.)
1) Write the numbers from 1-12 in each section of the egg carton.
2) Have your child place the corresponding number of counters in the correct section (i.e., one counter in the one section, two counters in the two section). Once your child can do this easily, have them use tweezers to transfer the counters into the container.
- Use one counter, close the egg carton, and shake it up. Have your child identify the number where the counter lands.
- Some children may even be ready to use two counters and complete addition facts!