Well, I can’t – so, we made this classic recipe!! Be forewarned though – this can be EXTREMELY messy. I would recommend dressing your child in a paint shirt or old clothes!
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Green food coloring (if desired)
1) Pour the cornstarch into a bowl. Allow your child to feel it. If desired, compare with the consistency of flour.
2) Add the water. It will be difficult to stir, so an adult may need to do most of the mixing. Add another tablespoon or two of water if it is too difficult to stir.
3) Add food coloring, if desired (the Oobleck in Bartholomew and the Oobleck was green)!
4) Explore the Oobleck! Push on it. Hold it. Let it drip. Is it a liquid? Is it a solid?
Please note: When you clean up, be sure to dump as much of it into the trash as you can! You don’t want to put it down the drain and cause plumbing troubles!