With the holidays rapidly approaching, I thought it would be a good idea to make myself accountable for taking care of my health and stress levels this season–and invite you to participate, too! When I first started blogging here, I often did 30-day fitness challenges to keep myself accountable. We haven’t done any of those in a LONG while, but I have been really focusing on repairing and rebuilding my health over the past few years.
Last week, I finished up P90X3 and loved the short 30 minute workouts. I increased my strength tremendously, and while I still have some weight I would like to lose, I finished feeling so strong and energetic. In addition, I’ve also been loosely following the Trim Healthy Mama eating plan and have enjoyed trying some new recipes. It’s been a great three months–I’ve learned a ton about food and exercise, and I really want to inspire others to make wise choices this holiday season.
Strong Healthy Mom Challenge: Holiday Edition
For the next eight weeks (from now through January 11), I will be posting weekly goals and sharing updates on how it is going. Even better, I want to invite you to share your goals and progress…and be eligible to win. Here’s how it works:
1) Leave a comment on this post with your long-term goals for the next eight weeks and your short-term goal(s) for this week. (This post will be open for comments throughout the challenge.)
2) Come back next Monday morning and leave a comment on my Week 2 post about how your week went. Then, share your goals for the next week.
That’s it! Each week, we’ll just share and be accountable to each other. To keep it fun and mix things up, I’ll be throwing in a giveaway each week. There will be things like Amazon Gift Cards, Jillian Michael’s DVDs, Fitness Blender programs, Trim Healthy Mama books, and Starbucks gift cards. These winners will be randomly chosen from the comment section on each week’s post, and I will share those winners each week. Each weekly post will be open for comments until the following Sunday at 8 PM CT.
Our “big” giveaway will be at the end of the eight weeks. Those who have commented and joined in with us for at least four of the eight weeks will be eligible for that giveaway. The winner will be able to choose what they want from these three options: $100 Gift Card to Amazon, $100 Gift Card to Trim Healthy Mama store, or a $100 gift card to Target. The final winner will be chosen on January 12, 2015!
Finally, I will be posting each day on Instagram (you can find me here) under the hashtag #stronghealthymomchallenge. If you are on Instagram or Twitter, there will be a special giveaway at the end for those who use the hashtag, so use it so we can find you!
You can also join our Facebook group – Strong Healthy Mom Challenge!
My two #StrongHealthyMomChallenge overall goals:
1) Increase my overall strength and fitness (I’ll be taking a fitness test and will compare results at the beginning and end).
2) Lose 5 pounds.
My three goals specifically for this week:
1) Menu Planning – I’ve been falling short on this lately, and I know it is the key to success for me. When I take time to write down what I’m going to eat and have a plan for our meals, it makes it much easier to stay on track with my eating plan. Be sure you are an email subscriber, because I have a packet of menu planning pages I will be making available later this week!
2) Start the Eight-Week Fat Loss Plan for Busy People from Fitness Blender. I am super-excited about this find! I had no idea FitnessBlender.com existed and offered so many free workouts. I did decide to go ahead and buy the $9.99 plan that is already put together, but there is a free 5 day option and you can also just mix and match your own workouts for free!
3) Go to bed by 10:30 PM each night. I am a night-owl, so this is a hard one for me, but I know that it is so restorative to get enough sleep.
Because I really want to inspire others to join us, I’ll be giving away your choice of a $25 Amazon Gift Card or a Trim Healthy Mama book this week. You may leave up to two comments this week. The first comment should share your goal(s). You can also leave one other comment if you share this challenge with friends–either through Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter. Just tell me how you shared it!
So, what are your goals? Hit me with ‘em! Let’s do this!!!
Disclosure: These giveaways are sponsored by me. I just want to inspire others to get strong and healthy this holiday season!