Welcome to the Strong Healthy Mom Challenge update! Wondering what this is? Check out this post to join us. Be sure to leave a comment on this last post if you’ve been following along and getting healthier with us!
Do you have those weeks where you are just in survival mode? Yeah…me, too! My youngest sister went into labor five weeks early on Monday. After trying to stop the labor, they realized it wasn’t going to stop–so I had a new niece born Monday night. Unfortunately, her lungs aren’t quite as developed as the need to be, so we’ve been spending most of our days at the hospital or taking care of my four-year-old niece. It’s been a whirlwind, but it looks like Miss Ellie is making progress. We’re hoping her hospital stay is in the days…and not the weeks.
Anyway, the whole situation has been slightly stressful and concerning for us all, so my to-do list got shifted around, and this update was pushed down on the priority list. Hope you understand!
Here’s a look at my goals from last week:
1) I finished the FitnessBlender program, so I decided to start P90x3 again. I really love it because it is just 30 minutes and works well for me over the next few months! I also like having a schedule to keep me on track. – Completed the full week of P90X3!
2) Begin Revelation Wellness Instructor training! I can’t even believe I’m doing this, but I am! I’ve been feeling a pull towards this for about a month or two and with my recent “finding food freedom”, it is my heart’s hope and desire to see more moms find healing and freedom. – Started this training. I’ve had two meetings so far and lots of reading and bookwork. It’s awesome, and I’m still a bit overwhelmed that I’m even doing this, but I am convinced there is a reason I felt called to do it–even though I’m not sure what that is!
3) Sleep 8 hours each night. I have a ton going on this week–7 extra posts to be written, CC tutoring starts again on Thursday, a new Bible study, basement repair, working on video for my Home Management…for the Rest of Us eCourse on top of homeschooling and regular life, so I need to make sure I focus on getting enough sleep–or I will skip out on it. When I do that, it is so detrimental. - Met this goal four nights out of seven–so not perfect, but pretty good for the week we’ve had here!
Now, here is a look at my overall goals and what happened with them:
1) Increase my overall strength and fitness (I’ll be taking a fitness test and will compare results at the beginning and end). – I accomplished this. I feel a ton stronger, and I think it is all the weight lifting!
2) Lose 5 pounds. – I accomplished this, but decided I didn’t really care about it! I’m learning to love the body I’m in and not worry about the weight. As I follow God and learn to listen to and honor my hunger, I am confident whatever weight I may need to lose will be “released” (I got that idea of “releasing” the weight from the book Hunger Within). That is huge progress for me, so I am grateful for it.
So, I need you all to update me on your week…and how your overall goals went, too! Remember that you needed to comment on at least four out of the last eight weeks to be eligible to win the $100 Amazon or THM gift card. I will post the top winner next Monday, January 26, 2015.
P.S. Last week’s winner of the $10 Amazon gift card was comment #2 by Jonsherbies@.