Last week on Valentine’s day, I experimented with this chocolate recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie (and shared with me by Joy from Five J’s Design). I made it again last night!! It’s so easy…and I love that it’s dairy-free!
This recipe is so simple, but I did switch out the sweetener because I didn’t have any stevia or agave nectar, and I altered the directions slightly. I’ve also doubled the recipe — because it didn’t go quite far enough for a sweet-toothed family of five! If you want less chocolate, just cut this recipe in half!
- 1/2 cup honey (or 1/2 cup agave)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (I used this kind.)
- 1 cup + 2 T. cocoa
1) Melt the coconut oil. Combine the honey and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
2) Stir in the cocoa. Mix well.
3) Smooth the mixture into a greased 8×8 pan or onto waxed paper.
4) Freeze until solid. Remove from the pan.
I just sort of broke it into pieces as I removed it with a metal spatula. You could also chop it up and use it for dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate chips in any recipe!
Please note: This chocolate needs to be refrigerated or frozen! It melts in your hands….and your mouth!