**We just picked more apples from my aunt’s apple trees, so I thought I would reshare this yummy and easy recipe for slow cooker applesauce without sugar.
Making applesauce is pretty simple — especially in a slow cooker! You can easily involve your child and have them help you add the ingredients and mash the applesauce when it is through. (I like a chunky applesauce, so we just use a potato masher!)
This recipe doesn’t contain any added sugar since I am trying to limit sugar in our diets. You may need to add sugar or some other type of sweetener depending on the sweetness of your apples and your taste buds!
Easy Crockpot Applesauce
- 8 medium-size apples
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- If desired, add sweetener of your choice
1) Core and dice the apples into one inch slices. I prefer to leave the peel on them.
2) Place in a slow cooker. Add the water, lemon juice, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir to coat.
3) Cook the apples on low for four hours.
4) Use a potato masher to make chunky applesauce. Puree in a blender if you desire smooth applesauce.