I have an amazingly creative friend who put together a memorable event for our Classical Conversations Christmas Party in December! After we had CC and lunch, we had a Blacklight Party for the kids. I don’t think I will ever forget the experience–and the girls still talk about it all the time!
Blacklight Party for Kids
- White T-Shirts
- Glow Sticks, Bracelets or Glow Necklaces
Some other things that look like they would be fun to use with the blacklight–but are kind of expensive:
1) Set up a mirror in a room that can be completely darkened.
2) Place the blacklights near or in front of the mirror.
3) Draw with highlighters on white paper or various colors of paper.
4) Experiment! Try using glowsticks, paints, and whatever else you can find to see if it glows.
My girls decided to draw on themselves! However, please note that some highlighters do say they are toxic, so do this activity at your own risk. I suggest doing your own research or consulting your doctor. Please see my T&C for more information.
You can find some more Blacklight Party Games and Ideas.
I Can Teach My Child has a great post on Bioluminescence — Science Related Art Ideas.
Also, Growing a Jeweled Rose has an insane amount of Glowing Blacklight Activities for kids!
WOW! This is too cool! You are amazing! 😉
This looks interesting! I’ll have to try it some time!