Each Thursday, I will be reposting our lessons from last year. If you want to follow along with us, we’d love to have you!
Considering purchasing the complete download of God’s Little Explorers? You can find out the top 10 differences between the weekly free preschool lesson plans and the complete download here.
Welcome! Here are this week’s lesson plans. You can find the printable plans at the bottom of the post. If you’d like to know more about God’s Little Explorers Preschool Curriculum, head over here. Please feel free to share your ideas in the comments or send me an email! Also, if you find any errors, please feel free to let me know. This is a work-in-progress!!
God’s Little Explorers Week 25
- Theme: ”s” is for Servant + Community Helpers
- Bible Story: The Last Supper
- Bible Verse: “…The Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 9:35 ESV
- Letter: s
- Color: Pink
We talked first about Jesus’ Triumphal Entry. Since my youngest daughter had already made a palm branch at church, we used it and acted out the scene where Jesus rides in on a donkey, the people are waving palm branches and throwing down garments (we used coats), and saying “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!” (Matthew 21:9, ESV)
You can find a simple palm branch craft here.
We brainstormed a “community helper” for each letter of the alphabet. It was tough! I had to recruit the six and eight-year-olds to help!
We read “The Servant King” from The Jesus Bible Storybook! It was perfect for this week.
Of course, we had to wash feet after the story. Next time, I think I’ll make them go outside and get super-muddy feet beforehand!
I gave the option of making a little s all over the big S or gluing string, and she chose the handwriting project.
We found all kinds of pink pictures to add to our pink collage. I’m sure you can guess this was one of the favorite colors so far…
Making s with string in the Alphabet Notebook.
Here is the treasure map! We’re getting close!!!
You could also do a Transportation spin-off of the Community Helper theme with these ideas:
- Planes, Trains, Automobiles (and Boats): Sidewalk Chalk City
- Transportation: Painting with Cars
- Planes, Trains, Automobiles (and Boats): Twinkle, Twinkle, Traffic Light
- Transportation: Learning Numbers with the Parking Space Game
- Planes, Trains, Automobiles (and Boats): Car Ramp Experiment
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (& Boats): Lego Train Game
- Planes, Trains, Automobiles (& Boats): Using Cars to Teach Math
- The Spoon in the Stone: A Lesson in Serving Others (Big Idea Books / VeggieTown Values) (Bk. 1)
- Officer Buckle & Gloria (Caldecott Medal Book)
- First Facts: Community Helpers Series
- Fireman, Police, and Doctor/Nurse Printable Packs
- Charoset Recipe
- Unleavened Bread Recipe (at the bottom)