It’s been a crazy week around here, hasn’t it? I don’t know if you are feeling it yet or not, but supplies are flying off the shelves and many people are panicking in my area. While there isn’t much I can do to help calm anyone’s fears, I wanted to put together a list of learning resources we’ve used in our homeschool (and that I think are awesome for anyone to use). If your schools have shut down in the midst of the COVID-19 illness, here are some of our favorite websites to help keep your kids learning & busy.
Update! The company is offering FREE access during school closure. Use code SCHOOL7771 to get free access without any credit card info:
- ABCMouse – Preschool through 2nd grade
- ReadingIQ – Preschool through 6th grade
- Adventure Academy – Grades 3-8
– Language arts, math, science and social studies
– Reading, math, science, art and colors
– Reading – 7000+ books and reading assessments
– Reading (the girls love the digital books collection on this app)
– Reading (tons of ebooks available for free download)
– Math, language, logic, reading – also see this blog post for more about how to utilize Khan academy
– Love, love, love this for free read alouds
– great for math practice
– this is what we’ve been using for typing this year
– offers a variety of languages, the girls have been doing Spanish this year
– the girls are too big for this now (we used it when they were younger), but they offer free reading, language and math for grades Pre-K – 3rd
– offering free art webcasts at 12 CT each day
– get some exercise and movement in your day!
Some other free learning resources:
- Scholastic is offering some free lesson plans and ideas here.
- 123Homeschool4Me has hundreds of free printables available.
- Easy Peasy All in One Homeschool offers free daily lessons for all grades
- PBS Learning appears to have lots of resources available for a variety of ages
- My God’s Little Explorers preschool curriculum is free to download week by week
Let me know if you have any favorites to add to this list! Here’s hoping school closures will be short-term!
Let me know if I can help you in any way. I was a classroom teacher for several years and have been homeschooling for ten. I’d be glad to chat with you if you need any help. Email me at motherhoodonadime @ gmail dot com