These juice pops make an icy treat for a hot summer day! Be prepared — they take several hours to make, because each layer has to be well frozen before you add another.
July 4th Snack: Layered Juice Pops
- Muffin Tin
- 3 types of juices or drink mix (red, white, and blue)
- Popsicle/Craft sticks
1) Pour 1/8 cup of juice into the muffin tins. We started with blue (I couldn’t find blue juice, so we went with Berry Blue Kool-Aid with a few blueberries thrown in).
2) Prepare a spot in the freezer for the popsicles. Cover the muffin tin with foil. Using a knife (parent’s job!!), put a tiny slit where the popsicle stick will go.
3) Push the popsicle stick through the foil. Make sure to push them straight down (we found out the hard way and our sticks kept falling over). Freeze for several hours.
4) Prepare the other juices and have them chilled for best results. Remove the foil and put the white juice in next (we used white grape juice). Freeze. Top off the muffin tins with the red juice (cranberry-apple for us). Freeze.