Some of you may know Kristen Tiber as she was an awesome contributor for several years on my blog (she blogs at Celebrate Every Day with Me)! She recently wrote a book called At the Well: Discovering God’s Plan for True Love and is offering a FREE parent’s pack when you purchase the book.
More info about the book:
Your teenager will discover God’s plan for finding love and pursuing marriage. As he or she journeys with Kristen through Genesis 24, your teen will find that God gives a wonderful blueprint in the love story of Isaac and Rebekah.
And while At The Well was originally written for college age and young adults, parents of high school students everywhere are having their kids read the book now so they can begin in the right direction when it comes to love and dating.
In At The Well, Your Teenager Will:
- learn to seek God first for themselves (at the well)
- see the importance of growing in faith
- discover ways to use this time to develop character and grow as an individual
- learn to trust the Lord to take care of this area of his or her life
- assemble an idea of what it is he or she wants in a future spouse
- learn the importance of guarding his or her heart in dating relationships
- find encouragement for waiting on God when it seems to take forever
- see God’s plan for equally-yoked marriages and the value of dating believers
- be encouraged to prayerfully seek direction in current relationships
- learn the value of following God’s plan even when it may not line up with his or her own
- discover how to properly evaluate a relationship and recognize the response of his or her heart when he or she is in the relationship God designed
Here is what is included in the Parent’s Pack:
10 Conversation Starters to Talk to Your Teen About Dating
Looking for ways to talk with your teen about dating? These simple and practical conversation starters will open the door to more meaningful discussions.
At The Well Book Club – Leader’s Guide
This high school edition of our Book Club Leader’s Guide will allow you to be part of your teenager’s journey in going to the well to seek God when it comes to relationships. Whether you intend to lead a group of teens through At The Well (and why not!) or you intend to keep it one-on-one with your student, this leader’s guide is full of discussion questions, Bible verses and teaching on love, dating and marriage.