My friend, Jenae, over at I Can Teach My Child is hosting 30 Days of Intentional Acts of Kindness with Your Kids starting today! I’m so excited about it during this Thanksgiving season! It’s a great opportunity to take a few minutes and plan an act of kindness for each day.
She challenged us to come up with seven ideas to get us started. Here are a few we’ve come up with so far:
- Pack Operation Christmas Child Shoeboxes.
- Make a “Change for Orphans” box and collect our extra change for ShowHope.org.
- Go through our closets and find coats, blankets, and winter clothing in good condition to give to our church’s “Love Store.”
- Serve those in our family by helping each other put away laundry.
- Make a Thanksgiving craft and take it to someone in a nursing home.
- Write letters to the girls’ great-grandmas.
- Send an anonymous gift card to a family in need.
Next week, I’ll report back on how it went. I’ll also be posting some more ideas we come up with, but I could use some help, too! I’d love to hear your ideas!