I’ve made this Triple Chocolate Cheesecake twice in the past week…and it is amazingly delicious!!
- 9 (4-section) chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 and 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 (8 oz) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
1) Set out cream cheese, butter, and eggs for several hours (until they’ve reached room temperature).
2) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a 9″ springform pan with nonstick cooking spray or oil. Place the pan on a sheet of heavy-duty foil and wrap it up the pan’s sides.
3) Crush the graham crackers (or grind them in a food processor) until fine. Set aside 1/8 cup. Mix with butter and press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
4) Put a kettle of water on to boil. Then, beat the cream cheese with a mixer. Add vanilla, salt, sugar, and cocoa. Mix until fluffy. Beat in the three eggs (one at a time). Finally, heat the chocolate chips in the microwave. Once melted, stir into the mixture. Blend well.
5) Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth. Set the pan into a roasting pan. Pour in the boiling water from the kettle until it is 1/2 way up the sides of the pan (this should help with any cracking of the cheesecake). Bake for 40 minutes. The center will still be slightly jiggly. Turn the oven off and crack the door oven open with the handle of a wooden spoon. Leave the cake in the oven for another hour.
6) Remove the cheesecake from the oven and take it out of the pan of water. Allow to cool. Chill for 8 hours. Sprinkle the reserved graham cracker crumbs on top. Remove the pan sides, smooth sides with a knife (I forgot this step!!), and serve!