Freezer Cooking FAQ:
1) How do you store your food?
I prefer to store my freezer cooking meals in glass Pyrex dishes (I do have a freezer chest though, so I have a little more room). If you are short on space, stacking your meals in freezer bags works really well.
2) How long do you store your meals in the freezer?
I prefer to keep mine in the freezer for six weeks or less.
3) What foods don’t freeze well?
4) What if I hate casseroles?
Not all freezer cooking is casseroles! One of my favorite things to make and freeze is meal-size portions of meat. For instance, I’ll make up tons of taco meat. I also buy whole chickens when they are on sale, boil them, freeze the chicken broth, pull the meat off the bones, and freeze the shredded chicken in 1-2 cup containers. I can then easily pull it out of the freezer and add it to soups and other recipes.
Do you have any other questions about freezer cooking?
A few helpful Freezer Cooking resources found on other blogs:
Once a Month Mom:
Money Saving Mom:
Life As Mom:
Resources available for purchase:
- Fix, Freeze, Feast: The Delicious, Money-Saving Way to Feed Your Family
- Once-A-Month Cooking Family Favorites: More Great Recipes That Save You Time and Money from the Inventors of the Ultimate Do-Ahead Dinnertime Method
- Make-Ahead Meals Made Healthy: Exceptionally Delicious and Nutritious Freezer-Friendly Recipes You Can Prepare in Advance and Enjoy at a Moment’s Notice