Several of you have asked about the teapot cake I made for my oldest daughter earlier this month, so I just thought I’d share a few simple steps if you’re interested in making your own!!
Cake mix (and eggs, water, oil, etc.)
Large glass measuring bowl
Here’s how I made it:
1) Follow cake mix instructions. Bake cake in greased 2-Quart oven-proof batter/measuring bowl (like this one — although mine was actually from Pampered Chef) at 350 degrees for approximately one hour. Allow to cool and remove from bowl. Place on serving tray or plate.
2) Put a ring pop in the top of the cake for a knob. Frost cake. Add sprinkles, if desired. (I have to use them to hide my terrible frosting job!)
3) Frost a marshmallow for the spout of the teapot. Attach to cake with a toothpick. Add sprinkles, if desired.
4) Wrap Twizzlers around bottom of cake. Decorate cake with Skittles or M&Ms. (I used groups of four to make “flowers”. I also placed them around the ring pop to form the top.)
5) Insert toothpicks into top and bottom of two Twizzlers. Poke into cake to form handle.