It’s my youngest daughter’s birthday! She turned 11 and asked for a Heath Bar Ice Cream Cake for her family party. We ended up making one of those and then a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake (well, more like a pie)…and it was delicious! It’s also gluten-free and so easy to make.
I couldn’t even grab a good photo because everyone ate it up so quickly!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake (Gluten Free)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter cups (12 oz bag)
- Peanut Butter Cup ice cream (1.5 qt), softened
- 24 Chocolate Vanilla Creme Gluten Free Cookies (I’ve used Glutino or Great Value)
- 4 T. butter, melted
1) Ground the cookies in a blender or food processor. If you don’t have one, you can crush them in a baggie with a rolling pin.
2) Melt the butter and stir into the cookies until evenly mixed. Press the mixture into the bottom of a pie plate until uniform thickness.
3) Unwrap the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and cut them into thin slivers and pieces. These will go on the top. Set aside.
4) Scoop softened ice cream (I just let mine set out for a while) into the crust and use a spoon to even out the top.
5) Sprinkle the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pieces around the top of the ice cream. Put into the freezer for 3-5 hours until solid.
If you give this Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake a try, let me know! It’s so delicious….