Inspired by this article from last year’s Parents magazine, I set about trying to recreate my own “Cat in the Hat Pizza”. As you well know, things never turn out quite like the magazines….and this was no exception! It was tasty — it just looks a little more cowboy-hattish than I’d hoped. Plus, I couldn’t quite take an appetizing photo of it!!
- Pizza dough (I made mine in the bread machine)
- Mozzarella cheese (This is part of the problem. I just used what I had — and it’s not mozzarella!)
- Pizza sauce
1) Preheat your oven. Roll out the pizza dough. Use a pizza wheel or knife to cut out the shape of the hat.
I usually cook my crust for about 10 minutes before I add the toppings, but follow your own pizza dough directions for best results!
2) Spread sauce on the whole pizza. Add pepperoni. Make “stripes” with cheese.
3) Bake according to your pizza dough directions.