Get God’s Little Explorers (Complete Download and Bonuses) for $20! Wondering what the difference is between the free version and the complete download? Be sure to check out the top 10 differences here.
Looking for the free curriculum? Scroll down to find the links for each week!
I am so excited to finally be sharing our preschool curriculum with you! I knew this would be my last year with a preschooler in the house (unless the Lord blesses us with more), so I really wanted to make it fun and special for my youngest daughter.
I brainstormed several names for Christian preschool curriculum, but I couldn’t quite figure out the right one. Then, early one morning, my daughter suggested the name “God’s Little Explorers” and it just seemed to fit. During the year we’ll be journeying through the Bible (exploring God’s Word) and we’ll also have a new letter and theme each week (exploring God’s world).
A few more things to know about God’s Little Explorers:
- There are 28 weeks of lesson plans.
- I will be posting a new lesson plan each week on Thursday evening (to give you time to look it over and prep for the next week). I’ll also included a link to each lesson at the bottom of this post.
- The alphabet will not be presented in order.
- I will be focused on teaching lowercase letters first (see why on this post I wrote about teaching your child to read). If your child already knows lowercase letters, feel free to add capital letters, too!
- You can begin whenever you desire (although I set it up so J for Jesus would fall in December if you begin the program the first or second week of September).
- I’ve tried to make the lessons fairly simple and use items you can easily find around the house. There are some projects that require a little more preparation though.
- It’s mostly hands-on and active.
- Feel free to use one, two, three, or more of the ideas each day. Just like any lessons or curriculum, modify them for your needs and your child’s needs.
- If you do everything in the plans, you will spend approximately 30-45 minutes per day on focused instruction.
Please remember, this is still in-process! I am open to suggestions or modifications. I’m still pondering the best way to present the activities and make sure everyone understands the vision.
How God’s Little Explorers Christian Preschool Curriculum is structured
Each week when I post the lesson plan, you will find four main parts to the program:
1) Bible Adventure: This is the time to read the Bible story, sing any recommended songs, and do a related craft or project.
2) Theme Adventure: During this time, we’ll be exploring the theme with crafts, science projects, cooking projects, and so forth.
3) ABC & 123: This time will specifically introduce an alphabet letter. We’ll also be exploring colors, shapes, and numbers during the year.
4) Life Skills: Preparing a preschooler for life is much more than teaching them the ABCs! Each week, we’ll review various self-help skills, learn to complete chores correctly, practice manners, and do a service project.
I’ll also list additional activities you can use to substitute for ones you might not like or have time to complete.
Two other optional sections:
Book Bag: I will list books to go along with the theme and suggest an activity to be completed around the book.
Learning Bags: These are my version of busy bags. I use these when my little ones need an independent activity to work on while I work with my older daughter. I’ll be sharing links to some you can create to have on-hand and use when desired.
The only things you will really need to participate in this program with us are basic school and craft supplies and a children’s Bible (we are using the Read And Learn Bible).
I do have a few other recommendations for some of my favorites that we will be using! You can find all of my recommendations for our home preschool curriculum here. I’m sure I’ll be adding and updating as we use more that I forgot about!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have! I would absolutely love your input and ideas to make this a fun and excellent experience!
Links to the Weekly Lesson Plans:
Week 2: G is for Garden (Creation Story)
Week 3: A is for Apple (Adam and Eve)
Week 4: Z is for Zoo (Noah’s Ark)
Week 5: T is for Tent (Abraham)
Week 6: C is for Colors (Joseph)
Week 7: I is for Insect (Moses)
Week 9: R is for Rocks (David & Goliath)
Week 11: F is for Fire (The Fiery Furnace)
Week 14: J is for Jesus (Review)
Week 15: D is for Desert (John the Baptist)
Week 19: L is for Love (The Good Samaritan)
Week 21: O is for Opposites (Mary & Martha)
Week 22: P is for Pig (The Prodigal Son)
Week 28: Review Week & Party!!
Want to be sure you get the printable lesson plan each week? Consider signing up for my Motherhood on a Dime complete daily email with coupons, deals, recipes, kids’ activities and more.
If you’d rather receive just my KIDS newsletter with 3-4 kid-friendly posts each week via email, subscribe here.
P.S. You don’t have to subscribe to both! If you sign up for the complete email, you’ll get the kids’ activities, too.