Each Thursday, I will be reposting our lessons from last year. If you want to follow along with us, we’d love to have you!
Considering purchasing the complete download of God’s Little Explorers? You can find out the top 10 differences between the weekly free preschool lesson plans and the complete download here.
Welcome! Here are this week’s lesson plans. You can find the printable plans at the bottom of the post. If you’d like to know more about God’s Little Explorers Preschool Curriculum, head over here. Please feel free to share your ideas in the comments or send me an email! Also, if you find any errors, please feel free to let me know. This is a work-in-progress!!
God’s Little Explorers Week 26
- Theme: ”e” is for Excited (Emotions) + Jesus is Alive
- Bible Story: Jesus’ Death and Resurrection
- Bible Verse: “He is not here; he has risen!” Luke 24:6 NIV
- Letter: e
- Color: Black
Because we were focusing on emotions this week, we did some “art therapy” paintings. First, I asked them to paint sadness….
We found and sorted black items.
Of course, we had to practice all the different kinds of emotions (and faces) we could make–happy, sad, grumpy, angry, frustrated, surprised, scared, exasperated. They really hammed this up!
I gave the girls several plastic eggs and had them draw whatever kind of faces they wanted to portray. This one is happy!
We also used these Alphabet Matching Eggs for a busy bag.
- Do an Easter Egg Letter or Number Hunt
- Make Crumpled Tissue Paper Eggs
- Make a Caterpillar to Butterfly Craft
- Make Easter Story Eggs (like Resurrection Eggs, but for preschoolers)
- Make Resurrection Cookies or Resurrection Rolls
Find more resources here.