This is reposted from last year, but we are doing this again (on Friday)! We’re reading about the hymn Christ the Lord is Risen Today in Passion Hymn’s for a Kid’s Heart. It fits perfectly with these “Resurrection Rolls”!
- One package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Large marshmallows
1) Mix 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon with 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in another small bowl.
2) Using a package of crescent rolls, lay out one triangle. This is the “tomb”. Roll the marshmallow (representing Jesus) in the butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. This represents the oil and spices used to preserve the body.
3) Roll up the marshmallow in the dough (Jesus’ body in the tomb). Make sure to pinch the sides and corners as well as you can (we had some leaky marshmallows!). Roll the outside of the dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Each container should make eight rolls.
4) Follow package directions for baking. After they have cooled, enjoy your Resurrection Rolls!! The “tomb” will be empty!!
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” — John 11:25-26