Day Two of our journey to Easter included the song What Can Wash Away My Sins from Passion Hymns for a Kid’s Heart. We talked about how we need something to cleanse us from our sins — and that something is the blood of Jesus.
We made soap to remind us how Jesus cleanses us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- 2 cups soap flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Food coloring, if desired
1) Measure out two cups of soap flakes. I didn’t want to buy any, so I just chopped up some old bars of soap in the food processor.
2) Add 1/4 cup of water to the flakes.
3) Mix the flakes and water. You can put vegetable oil on your hands if the mixture is too sticky.
4) Shape the soap however you’d like! Allow to set over night.
We made a few “soap balls” and then added some food coloring to make bathtub crayons. This was very messy! If you’d like a less messy idea, check out this post on how to make frugal foaming soap!
“But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7