One simple idea for cultivating gratitude in your family is to make this Thanksgiving Chain. Set aside 20-30 minutes or so to do this as a family activity and then use the chain to decorate your home. This would also make a great activity for a family get-together — just set out the supplies and let each person add to it!
- Construction paper or cardstock cut into 1″ strips
- White crayons
- Glue or gluestick
1) Cut a supply of construction paper into one inch strips.
2) Have each person use a white crayon to write something they are thankful for on each strip of paper.
3) Glue one end of the strip and attach the other end to make a circle. Link the circles together as you continue to add the strips to form a chain.
4) As you add to the chain talk about your blessings!
Don’t forget about the printable Gratitude Journal you can use, too!
Get my eBook, Thanksgiving Heart: Cultivating Gratitude in Young Children, for just $2.99.