- Cereal box
- Graham crackers
- EL Fudge cookies or Nutter Butters
- Fruit Roll-Up
- Decorated star-shaped cookie
- Animal crackers
- Pretzel twists
- Shredded coconut
- Yellow food coloring (if desired)
- Spoon or butter knife
1) Cut off the bottom of a cereal box. Cut in thirds and use the ends. Use one to form a stable. Place on a plate.
2) Dab frosting on one square of graham cracker. Attach to one side of the box. Complete the other sides.
3) Place a dab of frosting on the bottom sides to “glue” it to the plate. Add two EL Fudge cookies or Nutter Butters in front of the stable (use frosting to stick them to the plate). If using Nutter Butters, frost the cookie and decorate for Mary and Joseph. If using EL Fudge cookies, drape one cookie with a Fruit Roll-Up for Mary.
4) Form pretzels in a manger shape. Add coconut for hay. For yellow hay, toss coconut in a plastic bag with food coloring and shake.
5) Dab frosting on the animal crackers and add them to the scene. Add a star to the top of the stable.
6) If desired, place a marshmallow in the manger for a swaddled Baby Jesus.
This activity was adapted from an idea in the December 2000 issue of Children’s Ministry Magazine.