I found this idea in an issue of the Mailbox magazine from, umm…1992!!
These dino snacks are a fun treat! My girls ate this up (literally and figuratively). They really believed I was mixing up these “dinosaur” ingredients!! Make sure to say things like “Let’s mix the dirt in with the crushed bones!” Your kiddos will love it!
- 4 tablespoons cocoa (DIRT)
- 2 cups sugar (CRUSHED BONES)
- 1 stick margarine or butter (FAT)
- 1/2 cup milk colored with green food coloring (SWAMP WATER)
- 1 cup peanut butter (DEAD BUGS)
- 3 cups oatmeal (DRIED GRASS)
1) Combine and boil DIRT, CRUSHED BONES, FAT, and SWAMP WATER. Let boil for 1 minute. Add DEAD BUGS and DEAD GRASS. Stir.
2) Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Allow to cool.
Yes, these are just no-bake cookies, so you can substitute your favorite recipe!