In honor of National Flip Flop Day, I found this idea for Flip Flop cookies over at Family Fun. They are easy-to-make and a fun project to do with your kids! We’ve made them for several birthdays and summer picnics.
Flip Flop Cookies Recipe
Ingredients and Supplies:
- Vienna Finger, Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies, or Nutter Butter Cookies
- Licorice (we used Twizzlers Pull-n-Peel)
- Round candies (M&Ms, Skittles, etc.)
- Food coloring
- Sprinkles (if desired)
1) Choose what color you want your flip flops to be frosted. Use the food coloring and tint the frosting. Spread the frosting on the cookies. Add sprinkles (if desired).
2) Cut licorice pieces between 1 – 1.5 inches. Place two pieces in a V shape on each cookie.
3) Add a round candy at the point of the V shape on the licorice.