We’ve never actually had a Christmas countdown for Advent, so I thought it would be fun to do this year! I saw a cute tree craft for kids, and I was inspired to change it up and turn it into a Christmas Tree Advent Calendar! I’ve included printables below if you would like to try it yourself. Also, I will be sharing a general list of our activities tomorrow–along with tons of ideas for each Advent activity.
Christmas Tree Advent Calendar
(with Printable Advent Activity List)
- Printable Ornament Circle Numbers
- Printable Advent Activities (if desired)
- Two sheets of 12×12 scrapbook paper or substitute construction paper
1) Pick two colors of cardstock for your ornaments. Print the Ornament Number pages from 6-8 in one color. Print pages 9-12 in another color. Cut out all the circles.
2) To make it easier, you can choose to write your advent activities on the back of each circle. If not, you can print the ideas I’ve included on pages 2-5 of the download. Cut them out and glue them in the desired order on the back of the number circles.
3) Cut two sheets of scrapbook paper for the tree. You’ll need to cut them into 4″ x 12″ pieces (you should get 3 pieces from each page). Use two full-size pieces for the bottom branches. Use one full-size and cut one in half. Use those for the second piece from the bottom. Use one full-size piece for the next branch. Use the left-over half for the top branch.
To hang the tree, you can use sticky-tack or tape for a wall or add magnets if you’re using a magnetic surface (like our DIY Large Magnetic Board shown above). I’ve actually moved ours to the refrigerator and can’t wait for December 1!
You can find all of the Advent countdown activities here.
What are some of your favorite Advent traditions?