Our town recently held a Gingerbread Festival. We decided not to attend since my oldest is allergic to milk and eggs (she can’t touch the frosting to make one), so I decided to do some of our own gingerbread activities this week!
This simple puppet is fun and comes in very handy for our reading of Gingerbread Baby!
- Gingerbread pattern (I had one in my files, but you can print a girl or boy here.)
- Brown paper
- Embellishments (buttons, stickers, sequins, wiggly eyes, scrap paper, foam, etc.)
1) Draw or print a gingerbread boy or girl pattern on brown paper (I cut down construction paper to fit our printer).
2) Cut out and embellish as desired.
3) Glue a craft stick handle to the back and use the cut-out as a puppet.