A few weeks ago, we were headed out the door to celebrate my youngest daughter’s 4th birthday. As soon as we got everyone in the car and buckled in, she threw up everywhere! Needless to say, we didn’t attend a birthday party that day. It has taken several weeks for everyone to get well!
Anyway, I was disappointed because I had worked and worked to make these cute little gumball machine cupcakes I found over at Cookies & Cups. I stuck them in the freezer and hoped for the best. Finally, we were able to have a small gumball theme birthday celebration for her last night!
Gumball Machine Cupcakes
- Cake mix
- Cupcake holders
- Miniature M&Ms
- Garage sale 25¢ round stickers
1) Make the cake mix. Decide whether you want to mini-cupcakes or regular-size cupcakes. The picture up top is two miniature cupcakes. Bake.
2) Cut off the top of one cupcake and turn it upside down. Add a dab of frosting to the top of the now upside-down cupcake. This will be the “glue” to keep the other cupcake secure.
3) Frost another cupcake. Add miniature M&Ms to the front to represent gumballs.
4) Turn the cupcake on its’ side and stick it down firmly on the base cupcake.
5) Add a round 25¢ sticker (like the kind you get for garage sales) to the base. I had the stickers….I just completely forgot to add them last night!
That’s really all there is to it! I did a mixture of regular and miniature cupcakes. I spelled out my little one’s name on the big ones with the M&Ms. You can see the freezer wasn’t exactly friendly to these gumball machine cupcakes (M&Ms bleed when they defrost!), so I don’t recommend freezing them. I just didn’t have much choice…