As long as you aren’t squeamish about permanent markers, this is a fun and easy windsock for kids to make!
Plastic Bag Windsock Craft
- Plastic Bag (quart-sized)
- Permanent markers (blue and red)
- Star stickers
- Hole punch
- Yarn or string
1) Draw several lines (about 2/3 up from the bottom) on the plastic bag with a red marker to give your child a guide for cutting. These will be the flag “stripes”. Color the area from the top to the start of the stripes blue.
2) Examine a flag, and then talk about a red and white pattern with your child. If it is easier for your child, tape up every other stripe. Color the untaped stripes red. Cut the bottom edge of each stripe (to open it up so they can flutter in the wind).
3) Put star stickers on the blue part of the “flag”.
4) Hole-punch an opening in the top center. Attach to a pole or post outside with yarn or string.