Outdoor Number Review (Learning Game)
- Sidewalk chalk
1) Draw a very large square with sidewalk chalk. Break the large square into smaller squares. Draw random numbers.
2) Use the game board to make up a game or use one of these options:
- Have your child roll or throw a rock onto the board. Ask them to name the number.
- Have your child roll or throw a rock onto the board and name the number. Then, you skip a rock onto the board. Have your child decide which is the highest number. The person with the highest number *wins*.
- Have your child roll or throw two rocks on the board. Add the two numbers together.
- Have your child roll or throw two rocks on the board. Subtract the smaller number from the larger.
- Tell your child a number. Have them pick out the number and stand on it.
We also did this with letters and a beanbag!