I first saw this busy bag idea on Teach Beside Me. For whatever reason, I could not find colored paper clips in regular colors, so I picked up these bright colors instead!
This activity works well as a learning bag, too.
Paper Clip Color Sorting Busy Bag
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Colored paper clips
- Magnets (I used a roll of magnetic tape)
- Permanent markers or crayons
1) Measure and cut a magnet to fit on a craft stick. Glue or stick to the craft stick. I put a few dots of glue on the sticky side to be sure they stuck really well!
2) Color around the magnet with a permanent marker to match one of the colors from the paper clips. Repeat for each color.
- Give your child a pile of paper clips and ask them to sort by color.
- Make a pattern and ask your child to repeat the pattern on another craft stick.
- Let your child make a pattern and see if you can repeat it on another craft stick.
You can also see how Coffee Bean and Kisses used paper clips to make another color sorting busy bag idea.