I’ve been seeing so many great craft stick flags, but I wanted to try something different! So, I came up with this idea for the 4th of July!
July 4th Kids Craft: Red, White, & Blue Container
- OJ or Milk Container
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- Cookie cutter (or star stencil)
1) Cut the top off of an orange juice or milk container (use the craft sticks to decide how tall you want it).
2) Paint the craft sticks red, white, and blue. If you’re using jumbo craft sticks, you’ll need a total of 6 red, 4 white, and 10 blue.
3) Glue the craft sticks vertically on the container (we used a glue gun to speed up the process). Make two sides blue. Alternate red and white craft sticks on the other sides.
(This was a great family project. I had each girl paint the craft sticks a different color, and I glued.)
4) Paint white stars on the blue sides. (I’m telling you — cookie cutters are versatile!)
There you have it! You now have a container to use for tableware for your 4th of July celebration, a flag holder, a pot for a plant, or whatever else you dream up!