I posted this last year, but I wanted to share it again — especially since my sister made up some super-cute printable gift tags!
When my friend, Donna, shared these cute Snowman S’mores with me, I wanted to share them with you!! Special thanks to her for sending me the photos and directions!!
- 2 Tbsp. of canned icing
- Wilton decorator food colors, orange and black (these make the truest colors instead of mixing the drops)
- 1 wooden skewer broken in half (use pointed end for painting nose, flat end for eyes and mouth)
- Striped cookies
- Cellophane bags (if desired)
- Printable Directions/Gift Tags
1) Mix 1 T. frosting with orange food coloring. Melt in the microwave. Repeat with the black coloring and frosting. (This will make enough for a bag of marshmallows.) Make an orange nose on the rounded sides of all the marshmallows with the pointed end of the skewer. After the noses are finished, add the eyes and mouth with black frosting (using the blunt end of the skewer).
2) Place the marshmallow in the microwave on top of a striped cookie. Microwave for 10 seconds (no longer unless you want a tough marshmallow)!
3) Put another cookie on top. Enjoy your “melted” snowman!
My friend gives these treats to others at Christmas time. If you want to share them, be sure to let the frosting dry completely, then place 2 cookies and one snowman marshmallow into a cellophane bag. Include directions to microwave for 10 seconds!
(Update: You can download a customizable, printable version here.)