Written by Monthly Contributor, Jenn from The Purposeful Mom
A few days ago, my daughter celebrated her 5th birthday! With that came a party with some friends which of course needed some party games! We found a neat party game on a magazine page that I’d ripped out some time ago that is semi-challenging but mostly just fun. I call it the Skittles Vacuum Game!
Skittles Party Game Idea
What You Need:
- Flexible or regular straws
- Large bag of Skittles (M&Ms work too)
- Large, rectangular Tupperware or other shallow container
- Plastic cups for gathering candies
- Willing participants (any number of people will do, but this game works best for kids 3 and up)
What to Do:
Give each child a straw. Spread the Skittles out on the bottom of your container (I used the lid of a cake pan). Let them suck the Skittles onto their straw, keeping them on as they transfer the candies over to their plastic cup. This is good for teaching those fine motor skills!
You may want to have a time limit for this game or you’ll have some kids who collect loads of candy in their cups! This game is great for any kind of party, for kids or grown-ups, but would also be a fun indoor activity if it gets too hot to go outside.