I think this has been one of the best (and easiest) Valentine projects we’ve done so far!
All three of the girls were able to do this project with minimal help, and what I loved most about this Valentine craft is that you can easily adapt it for toddlers and preschoolers by simply cutting out the heart shapes for them.
Heart Art Valentine Craft for Toddlers, Preschoolers, and Kids
- Paper (we used special watercolor paper)
- Paper hearts
- Painter’s tape or sticky tack
1) Cut out several sizes of hearts from scrap paper.
2) Tape or sticky tack the hearts to the paper you will paint.
3) Paint around the hearts. Allow to dry.
4) Remove the hearts.
We used watercolors to do this. You could also make this a beautiful keepsake by using a canvas!