eMeals offers many kinds of menu plans to make things easier (you can see my review here). The slow cooker eMeals plan is a favorite that utilizes ingredients available at your local grocery store and appeals to a broad range of tastes and preferences. You can currently test out eMeals free for two weeks, too!
Here is a recipe that was recently featured on one of the weekly plans. It would also freeze well if you want to make it a freezer cooking recipe!
Ham, Kale and Navy Bean Stew (served over Homey Cheese Grits)
- 6 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 (15-oz) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-oz) package chopped kale (or collard greens)
- 1 (28-oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-oz) package fully cooked cubed ham
- 1 (32-oz) carton chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 (8-oz) package shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
For Stew: Combine carrots, onion and potato in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Top with beans, kale, tomatoes and ham; pour in broth.
Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
For Grits: Cook grits according to package directions; stir in cheese and butter until blended and smooth. Serve stew over the grits.