Welcome to the Strong Healthy Mom Challenge update! Wondering what this is? Check out this post to join us. Then read on to find out how to enter to win this week’s giveaway and join us for a little accountability!
Welcome back everyone! I was so excited to see several of you share your updates. My goal this week is to actually respond to all of your comments…I just got a little distracted by three big holiday outings last week! Anyway, here’s a look at how I did last week:
1) Continue with the Eight-Week Fat Loss Plan for Busy People from FitnessBlender.com. I only completed four of the work-outs this week, but I made up the fifth one today! We had three big family get-togethers, so I actually did decently well all things considered…
2) Eat mindfully at our get-togethers. I did pretty well with this at our actual holiday meals. I had some treats, but I chose them specifically (grandma’s homemade stuffing and my mom’s homemade cinnamon rolls…yum)! I did struggle a few times and made some poor choices when I had a stressful day on Friday, but I’m learning to just let it go and move on to making good choices at my next meal.
3) Continue working on improving my digestion. Still working on this. Looks like it might take a while, but I am adding in prebiotic and probiotic foods like kombucha, kimchee, sauerkraut, and some yogurt.
Here are my goals for Week 3:
1) Continue with the Eight-Week Fat Loss Plan for Busy People from FitnessBlender.com.
2) Work on getting to bed by 10:30 PM. This is not easy for me, and it hasn’t become a habit, so I need to continue working on this.
3) Do a modified food detox using the idea of two liquid meals per day idea from Clean. I plan to do a full cycle in January, but this will be a good way to get things back in balance from the holiday meals!
If you’ve missed the past few weeks, here is a recap of what the challenge is all about:
Strong Healthy Mom Challenge: Holiday Edition
From now through January 11, I will be posting weekly goals and sharing updates on how it is going. Even better, I want to invite you to share your goals and progress…and be eligible to win. Here’s how it works:
1) If you haven’t yet, leave a comment on the first week’s post with your long-term goals for the next eight weeks. (This post will be open for comments throughout the challenge.)
2) Leave a comment on this post about how your week went. Then, share your goals for the next week.
That’s it! Each week, we’ll just share and be accountable to each other. To keep it fun and mix things up, I’ll be throwing in a giveaway each week. There will be things like Amazon Gift Cards, Jillian Michael’s DVDs, Fitness Blender programs, Trim Healthy Mama books, and Starbucks gift cards. These winners will be randomly chosen from the comment section on each week’s post, and I will share those winners each week. Each weekly post will be open for comments until the following Sunday at 8 PM CT.
Our “big” giveaway will be at the end of the eight weeks. Those who have commented and joined in with us for at least four of the eight weeks will be eligible for that giveaway. The winner will be able to choose what they want from these three options: $100 Gift Card to Amazon, $100 Gift Card to Trim Healthy Mama store, or a $100 gift card to Target. The final winner will be chosen on January 12, 2015!
I will be posting on Instagram (you can find me here) under the hashtag #stronghealthymomchallenge. If you are on Instagram or Twitter, there will be a special giveaway at the end for those who use the hashtag, so use it so we can find you!
You can also join our Facebook group – Strong Healthy Mom Challenge! Unfortunately Facebook has banned me from posting, liking, or commenting for 30 days (I’m not sure why except that I had tons of posts go into my Motherhood on a Dime group on Black Friday), so I won’t be posting in there for a while, but you are welcome to throw out questions and suggestions to people in there. I can see everything…I just can’t respond! 🙁
Last week’s giveaway winner was comment #4 from [email protected] I’ll be contacting you within the next 24 hours to claim your giveaway prize!
This week’s giveaway will be your choice of a $10 Starbucks card or a $10 Amazon Gift Card. You have until 8 PM CT on December 7 to share your comment below to be entered to win. The winner will be chosen from the comments with help from Random.org.
Alrighty! How did it go last week? What are your plans for this week?