Welcome to the Strong Healthy Mom Challenge update! Wondering what this is? Check out this post to join us. Then read on to find out how to enter to win this week’s giveaway and join us for a little accountability!
Oh, wow! I am sooooo embarrassed. I remember thinking last Monday that I needed to update this post for the final week….and then, well, I’m not sure what happens. I’d like to blame it on mommy brain, but it may be more age-related…
Anyway. Because I am updating this late, I’m extending the challenge one more week, so that more of you can get in your four weeks worth of comments to be eligible for the $100 giveaway! Here are my goals from two weeks ago:
1) Drink at least 10 cups of water each day to help detox from holiday eating. – Did this!
2) Continue with the Eight-Week Fat Loss Plan for Busy People from FitnessBlender.com. – Did this!
3) 2 Liquid (soups, smoothies, etc) meals each day to help with detox. – Did this!
My goals this week:
1) I finished the FitnessBlender program, so I decided to start P90x3 again. I really love it because it is just 30 minutes and works well for me over the next few months! I also like having a schedule to keep me on track.
2) Begin Revelation Wellness Instructor training! I can’t even believe I’m doing this, but I am! I’ve been feeling a pull towards this for about a month or two and with my recent “finding food freedom”, it is my heart’s hope and desire to see more moms find healing and freedom.
3) Sleep 8 hours each night. I have a ton going on this week–7 extra posts to be written, CC tutoring starts again on Thursday, a new Bible study, basement repair, working on video for my Home Management…for the Rest of Us eCourse on top of homeschooling and regular life, so I need to make sure I focus on getting enough sleep–or I will skip out on it. When I do that, it is so detrimental.
If you’ve missed the past few weeks, here is a recap of what the challenge is all about:
Strong Healthy Mom Challenge: Holiday Edition
From now through January 11, I will be posting weekly goals and sharing updates on how it is going. Even better, I want to invite you to share your goals and progress…and be eligible to win. Here’s how it works: 1) If you haven’t yet, leave a comment on the first week’s post with your long-term goals for the next eight weeks. (This post will be open for comments throughout the challenge.) 2) Leave a comment on this post about how your week went. Then, share your goals for the next week. That’s it! Each week, we’ll just share and be accountable to each other. To keep it fun and mix things up, I’ll be throwing in a giveaway each week. There will be things like Amazon Gift Cards, Jillian Michael’s DVDs, Fitness Blender programs, Trim Healthy Mama books, and Starbucks gift cards. These winners will be randomly chosen from the comment section on each week’s post, and I will share those winners each week. Each weekly post will be open for comments until the following Sunday at 8 PM CT. Our “big” giveaway will be at the end of the eight weeks. Those who have commented and joined in with us for at least four of the eight weeks will be eligible for that giveaway. The winner will be able to choose what they want from these three options: $100 Gift Card to Amazon, $100 Gift Card to Trim Healthy Mama store, or a $100 gift card to Target. The final winner will be chosen on January 12, 2015! I will be posting on Instagram (you can find me here) under the hashtag #stronghealthymomchallenge. If you are on Instagram or Twitter, there will be a special giveaway at the end for those who use the hashtag, so use it so we can find you! You can also join our Facebook group – Strong Healthy Mom Challenge!
Leave your progress below to be entered to win a $10 Amazon Gift Card giveaway. Just one week to go, so be sure you comment on at least four posts to be eligible for the $100 gift card!
Have a great week!