Welcome to the Strong Healthy Mom Challenge update! Wondering what this is? Check out this post to join us. Then read on to find out how to enter to win this week’s giveaway and join us for a little accountability!
Well, how was it? How did your week go? I just have to admit up-front that my week was a crazy mess! A few of my goals went by the wayside, but I did keep to the exercise plan.
I know it’s getting harder as we get closer to Christmas, but stick with it! We totally have this. I noticed not very many of you commented on last week’s post, so I know we’re all feeling the pinch. DON’T let that deter you. Even if you completely missed the mark on your goals, there is no shame here. We are working together and encouraging each other on!
Here is how my goals shook down:
1) Continue with the Eight-Week Fat Loss Plan for Busy People from FitnessBlender.com. Yay! Did it! I honestly can’t tell you how much I love this program. It’s less than 30 minutes! It’s challenging! I can workout in my basement while the girls are doing school projects! It’s fabulous! 🙂
2) Work on getting to bed by 10:30 PM. Terrible. Horrible. Fail.
3) Do a modified food detox using the idea of two liquid meals per day idea from Clean. I partially did this…I did one liquid meal a day and added in more probiotics and prebiotics. I’m seeing a difference!
Here are my goals for Week 3:
1) Continue forcing myself to go to bed by 10:30 PM!
2) Continue with the Eight-Week Fat Loss Plan for Busy People from FitnessBlender.com.
3) Eat mindfully and slowly.
If you’ve missed the past few weeks, here is a recap of what the challenge is all about:
Strong Healthy Mom Challenge: Holiday Edition
From now through January 11, I will be posting weekly goals and sharing updates on how it is going. Even better, I want to invite you to share your goals and progress…and be eligible to win. Here’s how it works:
1) If you haven’t yet, leave a comment on the first week’s post with your long-term goals for the next eight weeks. (This post will be open for comments throughout the challenge.)
2) Leave a comment on this post about how your week went. Then, share your goals for the next week.
That’s it! Each week, we’ll just share and be accountable to each other. To keep it fun and mix things up, I’ll be throwing in a giveaway each week. There will be things like Amazon Gift Cards, Jillian Michael’s DVDs, Fitness Blender programs, Trim Healthy Mama books, and Starbucks gift cards. These winners will be randomly chosen from the comment section on each week’s post, and I will share those winners each week. Each weekly post will be open for comments until the following Sunday at 8 PM CT.
Our “big” giveaway will be at the end of the eight weeks. Those who have commented and joined in with us for at least four of the eight weeks will be eligible for that giveaway. The winner will be able to choose what they want from these three options: $100 Gift Card to Amazon, $100 Gift Card to Trim Healthy Mama store, or a $100 gift card to Target. The final winner will be chosen on January 12, 2015!
I will be posting on Instagram (you can find me here) under the hashtag #stronghealthymomchallenge. If you are on Instagram or Twitter, there will be a special giveaway at the end for those who use the hashtag, so use it so we can find you!
You can also join our Facebook group – Strong Healthy Mom Challenge! Unfortunately Facebook has banned me from posting, liking, or commenting for 30 days (I’m not sure why except that I had tons of posts go into my Motherhood on a Dime group on Black Friday), so I won’t be posting in there for a while, but you are welcome to throw out questions and suggestions to people in there. I can see everything…I just can’t respond!
Last week’s winner of the $10 Amazon or Starbucks gift card is:
This week, we have the same choice! You can pick either a $10 Amazon Gift Card or a $10 Starbucks gift card! So, get to commenting!! Even if things didn’t go as planned, it’s okay! We’re in progress….