Coming up tomorrow, I’ll be sharing our God’s Little Explorer’s lesson plan for the Creation Story and the letter “G for Garden”. One of the big projects we did during this unit was to make a creation book out of contact paper. We did just two pages each day over the week to spread it out.
Creation “Sticky” Book
- Contact paper
- Construction paper
- Cotton ball
- Craft foam
- Star stickers
- Photo of your child
- Magazine with animal photos
- Hole punch or stapler
1) Cut out eight sets of contact paper squares. I measured the length of my contact paper roll and cut out two squares from each length.
For Day 1, stick a rectangle of black and a rectangle of yellow (for Day and Night). Cover with another square of contact paper.
2) For Day 2, cut out “water” from a sheet of craft foam or construction paper. Pull apart a cotton ball and stick onto the contact paper for a cloud. Cover with another square of contact paper.
3) For Day 3, sprinkle some dirt (for land) and add leaves and grass to symbolize trees and plants. Cover with a square of contact paper.
4) For Day 4, cut out a sun and moon from yellow construction paper. Stick to the contact paper. Add star stickers. Cover with a square of contact paper.
5) On Day 5, place some craft feathers and construction paper or sticker fish on the contact paper. Cover with another square of contact paper.
6) On Day 6, place a photo of your child in the middle. Cut-out animals from a magazine and place around the photo. Cover with a square of contact paper.
7) For Day 7, cut-out and stick the words “God rested” from this printable.
8) Make a cover for the book with this printable. Have your child write his or her name. Cover with contact paper.
9) Assemble the book. You wouldn’t have to, but I put plain squares of construction paper between each page. Trim the pages to the same size and staple it together. You could also punch holes in the pages and tie together with yarn. If you wanted to make a really nice book to keep for a while, you could have it spiral bound at an office supply store.
Instead of making a book, you could also hang up the individual days on the wall.