Yesterday, I shared our Star-Spangled Fruit Pizza. Today, I wanted to share our Flag Fruit Pizza Recipe. This was a great cooking project for/with the kids!
Fourth of July Dessert: Flag Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 9″x13″ pan or other rectangular-shaped pan
- Mixing bowl
- Roll of sugar cookie dough (I just bought a roll from the store, because I was running out of time)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
1) Cut the roll of sugar cookie dough into 1/4 inch slices. Place in the pan and *smash* them together to cover the bottom of the pan. You could also try to roll out the sugar cookie dough, but this *smash*ing method worked best for us! 🙂
2) Bake according to package directions. Allow to cool COMPLETELY.
3) Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy and smooth. Spread on the cookie crust.
4) Make a rectangle filled with blueberries at the top left-hand corner.
5) Slice strawberries into quarters and place in a row to make lines for your flag.
We were running low on strawberries, so I had to cut some of them into 1/8ths (you can see the ones at the top)!! I think they look much better when cut into quarters or even halves if you have enough strawberries.