Every picnic needs a picnic basket! Here is an easy way to make a picnic basket for playtime.
You will need:
1 drink carrier (ours was from Sonic – a great excuse to hit Happy Hour!)
Sponge (or cotton ball)
1) Cut a paper bag so it lays flat. Mark a checkerboard pattern (so your child know where to stamp)
2) Cut a sponge into a small rectangle and clip with a clothespin to form a stamp. I didn’t have a sponge, so I improvised with a cotton ball. Since we weren’t doing too many stamps, it held up okay. I think a sponge would be preferable though.
3) Stamp a “basket” pattern on the paper bag.
4) Open up the carrier by cutting out the cardboard separators and making the sides even.
5) Glue the paper bag onto the drink carrier.