Monthly contributor post from Kristen at Celebrate Every Day with Me:
Happy Fall! I love this time of the year with the cooler temperatures, gorgeous colors and pumpkins. And today, I have some fall fun in the kitchen for you and your kids.
We are making Pumpkin Cupcakes!
What You’ll Need:
- Cupcakes of Your Choice
- Orange Frosting
- Skewers (or something similiar)
- Tootsie Rolls
- Orange Cupcake Wrappers would be awesome, but I couldn’t find any at the grocery store.
1. Make your cupcakes and allow to cool. Have your children unwrap the tootsie rolls while the cupcakes are being made.
2. Frost the cupcakes with orange icing. (I usually love to make my own icing, but this icing was already orange and so very easy.)
3. With the skewers, draw lines on the cupcakes to look like pumpkins. We found we made the cleanest lines when we kept the skewer upright and wiped it often.
4. Push a tootsie roll into the cupcake for your stem.
5. Enjoy and don’t forget to share! We took a plate over to our friends with a Happy Fall tag.
What do you love best about fall?
Kristen of Celebrate Every Day With Me is a fun-loving mom to two kids who keep her busy and laughing. Add her great husband and the Lord to the mix and her life is one fantastic (and sometimes crazy) adventure. She is a former youth leader, professional wedding and event planner and has a degree in Christian Thought/Christian Ministry. She loves long lists, diet soda and playing jokes on her husband.
Kristen is the author of Teach Me To Serve: 99 Ways Preschoolers Can Learn To Serve & Bless Others. On her blog, you’ll find fun ideas for children’s activities, creating memorable moments and party planning.