My sister-in-law made this sweet butterfly cake for my youngest daughter’s 4th birthday last month. It turned out so well, I wanted to share it with you!
- Cake mix
- Round pans
- Serving tray
- Food coloring
- Sixlets or Skittles
1) Mix cake and bake according to package directions for 2 round cake pans. Allow to cool and remove from pans.
2) Cut the cakes in half and arrange them as shown above on a foil-covered board or other serving tray. Frost in the color of your choice.
3) Arrange Sixlets around the edges and in the middle sections as desired.
4) Place two Sno-Balls on the cake for the butterfly body.
5) Wrap licorice around toothpicks and insert for antennae.