I don’t know if you are like me or not, but I’m in the middle of planning for next school year! We have just one more week of our curriculum, so I started pulling out some of the curriculum we’ll be using next fall.
My oldest daughter (she’s 7) is so excited about it, she asked me when we’re going to get started. Then she said, “Well, what if we start now and then we can take a really long summer break next year?”
I just thought it was so encouraging to have her so excited about learning, she wants to start NOW! It made all the struggles of homeschooling worth it!
Anyway, as I’ve been looking through the resources we have, I thought it would be fun to share about our homeschool and some of our favorite educational resources. Here are a few of the areas I’ll be sharing about:
- Why We Homeschool
- How to Get Started Homeschooling
- Why I’m Excited about the New School Year
- A Day in Our (Homeschool) Life (will cover in August)
- Organizing our Homeschool “Classroom”
- Our 2102-2013 Curriculum Choices
- My Favorite Homeschool and Educational Websites
- Favorite Art Books for Kids
- Favorite books to read aloud to kids
- Favorite Picture Books
- Must-Haves for Preschool at Home
- Music Resources for Preschoolers and Early Elementary
- Reading, Writing, and Math Favorites
- Christian Resources for Kids
- Our Favorite Preschool Books and Games
- Infant and Toddler Educational Resources
- 101 Days of Summer Fun for Kids
The topics may change or I may add some depending on the level of interest. I know right now is the time when many families are exploring educational options for next year! Not all of the posts are specifically for homeschool (hopefully, they’ll be great resources for everyone no matter what educational path you’ve deemed best for your family), but I have gotten quite a few questions about homeschooling recently — and I wanted to be sure I answered those. If there is something I’m missing that you would like to know about, please send me an email or comment below!